|If this newsletter does not render correctly, please enable images or view the online version|
Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your Safe Senders list to ensure that our emails reach you
Your TradeBriefs Knowledge Score is
. dsktta Sudhee Kumar D
from BSNL is the current leader with a score of 8988
. Congratulations to the May winners - Sanjeev Nichani, Sudhee Kumar and Kumar Pankajranjan. The Top 3 scorers
on June 30 will win cash prizes of Rs 10,000, Rs 6,000 and Rs 4,000 respectively.Get 5 of your friends to join and get a 6 month membership of TradeBriefs Premium
Invite 3 friends and get 100 points per new subscriber. Please update your profile to qualify.
|June 5, 2012||News for the Telecom Industry|
Networking Market poised for huge growth
| Active Discussion || |
Read more / Join the discussion on LinkedIn
| At a Glance || |
NewsTrends & Insight
| News || |
| Trends || |
| Insight || |
| |The Evolving Security Paradigm in an increasingly Mobile World (Premium) - View Free Sample
As more and more employees use personal mobile devices to access enterprise networks and applications, there are increasing risks to the security of confidential information through new entrance points for potential attacks. Mobile technology today is taking communications and security to a whole new level. Consumers are increasingly looking to bring their smartphones, tablets and other devices that have transformed their personal lives to work. This means people can work anywhere at any time, creating new efficiencies for businesses -but also new challenges for protecting enterprise data. Rapid adoption of mobile technology will soon make security concerns in the wireless environment at least equal to those in the wired world. While these risks may persuade IT departments to think twice about deploying the latest mobile technologies, the headwind favouring delivery of broader access to applications and emerging cloudbased services underlines the fact that mobile devices are now an essential business productivity tool.
| |1G Solution for a 3G World (Premium) - View Free Sample
With the introduction of expensive 3G in 2011 and 4G in 2012 in India, here is an effective application which will help one to stay connected at reasonably less cost. 2011 started with a lot of anticipation around the onset of 3G and recent introduction of 4G--how they would change the mobile landscape. There was a heightened sense of anxiety, and common perception was that the game-changing technology would forever alter the way users used their phones. After all, 3G itself was arriving after a very long wait and tremendous investments into spectrum. Although talking of 4G is too early now, but as far as 3G is concerned, in hindsight, it turned out to be a bit of an anti-climax. What did not happen overnight is the explosive proliferation of the mobile internet. I was fortunate to witness this whole cycle play out in both Egypt and Indonesia, not so long ago, in exactly the same fashion. Of course, 3G means better data speed for existing data users but that literally touches only one in 10 mobile users in India today. The IAMAI report pegs mobile data users at 46 mn, while mobile users are over 600 mn.
| |Why Smartphones will make a difference in Advertising (Premium) - View Free Sample
A recent study conducted by Google and IPSOS indicates that India will soon be a 'mobile first' nation for communication. The challenge of advertising on mobile platforms is the most over-rated concern in the digital advertising domain in India. While presence of brands on digital media has only been increasing every year, along with spends, mobile advertising garners a rather negligible share in the total advertising pie. As per recent industry estimates, mobile advertising constitutes not more than 1% share of the total ad spends in the Rs 266 crores advertising industry. An obvious reason for this is slow adoption of smartphone and mobile internet in India. As per data released in the third quarter of 2011, the smartphone market in India was not growing over a 6% rate. However, a recent study conducted by Google in association with IPSOS continues to rely heavily on the potential of mobile media, which is arguably the only omnipotent multi-media device in India.
| |TRAI Tariff Order aligns but at what cost (Premium) - View Free Sample
In the run-up to the first cable TV digitization deadline of June 30, 2012 for metros, the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India's (TRAI) latest order specifying tariffs and setting other norms for smooth implementation of the process has stirred up a hornet's nest. While the TRAI order is certainly a good move to streamline matters in the direction of digitization, most industry stakeholders have been busy trying to dissect each clause to see how it impacts their business. Even as the broadcast industry is shocked by the diktat of a uniform, legalized carriage fee structure, Multi System Operators (MSOs) find they have a lot of responsibility on their hands. The consumer, meanwhile, is empowered to pick and pay for channels of his choice.
|You are in good company|
See who else is reading this newsletter right now
Now Update your Profile and get personalized job listings here
Posted Date: June 3rd, 2012
- Establish relationships with key client executives so that you can act as a key trusted architectural advisor
- Understand the Clients Value levers, Market and Competitors
- You will act as a Solution lead for the Global Strategic Services portfolio of products, services and solutions.
- The successful candidate must play a key role in the overall solution development for the client including the value proposition, solution approach and technical approach.
- Understanding the architectural integration of the solution into Verizon Business .
- Strong sales and consulting experience is key
Assistance in the Formulation of Strategy for Security and architecture for your clients
- Identifying specific strategies, initiatives, technology and delivery partners enabling the delivery of solutions that will assist our client in meeting their strategic imperatives.
- Developing conceptual solution architectures using a combination of Verizon Business standard products, third party suppliers and professional services
- Developing Proposals and providing input to RFP/I's
Your skills and qualifications as Solutions Consultant will ideally include:
- Proven experience in the development and implementation of IT, Security or managed solutions
- Extensive consulting in the conceptualization, definition and development of IT, Network or Security based solutions
- Responsible to work with the account team in the establishment of the solution value proposition to the client
- Understand the clients business requirements
- Industry drivers
- Develop the solution Business case/proposal for the client to act
- Build conceptual solution alternatives and litmus test with the key stakeholders, both with the client and internally at Verizon business
- Manage the overall solution development
- Ensure that the solution, approach and methodologies are met in line with the clients expectations
- Work with key stakeholders within Verizon Business to develop new solutions for your assigned region
- The flexibility to undertake occasional business travel
Desired Skills & Experience
Expert level knowledge of the Security marketplace I India, related technologies, Storage systems, Managed Security Services, Professional Services and IT Service delivery.
- Working understanding of network and security design.
- Working understanding of Application and Network Security Services.
- Working understanding of Managed Security Services
Experience of designing and/or delivering solutions in this space.
Will have worked in the international IT Services/Security market for a minimum of 5 years with specific strength in knowledge of the Security Industry.
Additional working level knowledge in at least two of the following areas;
- Cloud Computing
- IT Change Management
- Architecture Standards
- Professional Services
Meeting challenges of the extended enterprise: For enterprises and government agencies around the world, like yours, we are a leading provider of global IT, security, and communication solutions, with one of the world's most connected IP networks. We combine our broad range of strategic solutions, services, and expertise to help some of the world's largest organizations - including 96% of the Fortune 1000 - and governments - meet the challenges of their increasingly extended enterprises. We can help you: - Improve infrastructure and application performance - Secure your enterprise - Enable collaboration - Connect to customers, partners, suppliers, and employees Customized solutions that fit your business: We combine our expertise, reach, and solutions with the right technologies to deliver what your organization needs. Our flexible service delivery options allow us to deliver everything from partially managed to fully managed solutions. Global access to experts and expertise: Our Professional Services consultants have the expertise to assess, design, implement, and manage your information systems. And our global sales consultants can deliver integrated solutions that address real business challenges. Whether you need IT infrastructure, security, communications, or network solutions, we can help your business thrive.
Send your resume to email@example.com to apply to this job
Contact details: Become a Premium Member to contact the job poster directly
Posted Date: June 1st, 2012
The Head - Analytics is responsible for development and supervision of advanced statistical analyses that support the Shared Services Organization's strategic objective which includes maintenance of existing statistical models, and development of new statistical based models. The incumbent in this role is responsible for cross-functional project management of Advanced Analytic initiatives, provides subject matter expertise in advanced analytic methods and provides the organization with information to make informed and strategic business decisions.
- Provide advanced analytics group leadership and aligns predictive analytics team of statisticians with enterprise strategic vision.
- Develop and supervise the development of enterprise wide advanced statistical models. Manage the production, validation and revision of new and existing models.
- Consult across Reliance Industries' enterprise business and functional teams on how advanced analytical methodologies may be leveraged to address their business needs.
- Manage Predictive Analytics deliverables across functional teams ensuring findings are timely, accurate and actionable.
- Ensure data quality and accuracy by working collaboratively across Enterprise Data Warehouse teams across businesses & functions within Reliance Industries.
- Supervise / manage / direct the selection, training, development, appraisal and work assignments of personnel.
- Occasional travel to locations within the group spread across and India and possibly overseas as per the need.
- Reporting on the Analytics function's performance to senior management and stakeholders.
- To contribute to the SSO strategy to effectively achieve stated objectives.
Key Essential Skills
- Hands on experience specifying, coding, analyzing, and leveraging statistical models to create actionable business insights.
- Experience in managing enterprise wide projects leveraging the expertise of cross-functional resources.
- Experience with working cross-functionally to identify end user requirements and align needs with best practices
- Ability to communicate the "vision" of an Analytics based business solution to Managers / Analysts who are responsible for bringing the vision to life.
- Ability to integrate statistical findings into effective, business friendly presentations and present findings clearly to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong technical knowledge on Statistics.
- Strong knowledge with SAS, SPSS and / or complementing platforms, experience with Relational Databases.
Competencies; Proficiency Level 1-4*
A. Leadership Core Competencies
- Attention to detail - 4
- Manages multiple lines of work simultaneously - 4
- Leads & Develops People - 4
- Builds Networks - 4
- Entrepreneurship - 4
B. Business Core Competencies
- Effective Execution - 4
- Analytical Thinking - 4
- Decision Making - 4
- Team Work - 4
- Customer Orientation - 4
Unique characteristics necessary for good performance
- Facilitative Leadership skills and Project Management Skills, mentoring and coaching - to be able to drive change in the organization
- Able to horizon scan and set context and agenda for teams
- Managerial skills to lead teams and create development and performance culture
- Decision regarding escalation required in exceptional cases
- Decisions on concurrence and validation of decisions proposed by business
- Decision regarding realignment of resources during peak periods
- Decisions regarding identification of new business opportunities that may be brought under Shared Services
- Decision regarding developmental initiatives to be taken within the team to develop talent
Necessary: Engineering with MBA from a reputed institute.
Desirable: Core specialization / Ph.D in Computing & Statistics.
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE (Absolute pre-requisites)
- 12+ years of experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage high-impact teams.
- Very strong people management skills
- Strong expertise in Predictive Analytics, Big Data, Algorithms, etc...
- Strong Strategic mindset.
Scope of Work
- Geography Coverage - World-wide
- Corporate Coverage - Company-wide
* See competency catalogue for detailed description of each competency proficiency level.
- 1 corresponds to "Awareness"
- 2 corresponds to "Knowledge (ability to do with external assistance)"
- 3 corresponds to "Skill (ability to do independently)"
- 4 corresponds to "Mastery"
Desired Skills & Experience
Utilize complex computer operations (intermediate programming in 3rd and 4th generational languages, relational databases, and operating systems) and advanced features of software packages (spreadsheet, graphics, etc...).
The Reliance Group, founded by Dhirubhai H. Ambani (1932-2002), is India's largest private sector enterprise, with businesses in the energy and materials value chain. Group's annual revenues are in excess of US$ 58 billion. The flagship company, Reliance Industries Limited, is a Fortune Global 500 company and is the largest private sector company in India. Backward vertical integration has been the cornerstone of the evolution and growth of Reliance. Starting with textiles in the late seventies, Reliance pursued a strategy of backward vertical integration - in polyester, fibre intermediates, plastics, petrochemicals, petroleum refining and oil and gas exploration and production - to be fully integrated along the materials and energy value chain. The Group's activities span exploration and production of oil and gas, petroleum refining and marketing, petrochemicals (polyester, fibre intermediates, plastics and chemicals), textiles, retail and special economic zones. Reliance enjoys global leadership in its businesses, being the largest polyester yarn and fibre producer in the world and among the top five to ten producers in the world in major petrochemical products.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply to this job
Contact details: Become a Premium Member to contact the job poster directly
|Security & Compliance Manager|| 9-13 years||Gurgaon |
|Circle Marketing Head - Chennai|| 10-16 years||Chennai, Chennai |
|Head - Network Alarm Monitoring|| 10-15 years||Chennai |
|RF Optimisation Lead CDMA - Mumbai Circle - ALUMS|| 7-12 years||Mumbai |
|Lead - Customer Service & Technical Support|| 10-17 years||Navi Mumbai, Navi Mumbai |
|DGM - Compensation & Benefits|| 8-12 years||Mumbai |
|M2M(Machine to Machine)opening for a leading Telecom MNC for Bangalore|| 10-18 years||Bengaluru/Bangalore |
|L1 Simulation Developer-SMT|| 9-14 years|| Germany , Germany |
|Project Manager|| 10-15 years||Bengaluru/Bangalore |
|Senior Software Developer Tools Development|| 6-11 years||Bengaluru/Bangalore |
|Large Account Manager with Avaya|| 10-12 years||Mumbai, Gurgaon, Bengaluru/Bangalore |
|Senior Technical Manager, Mobile Core Network Application Development|| 10-15 years||Bengaluru/Bangalore |
|GM- Business Development(10-20years)telecom, IT and defence customers|| 10-20 years||Hyderabad / Secunderabad, Visakhapatnam |
|Project Manager (8-13YEARS)RF/ Microwave/ Satcom INDUSTRY|| 8-13 years||Visakhapatnam, Hyderabad / Secunderabad |
|Senior Manager Devices Head Kolkata|| 6-11 years||Kolkata |
|G M - Production(10-20YEARS)electronics and telecommunications|| 10-20 years||Hyderabad / Secunderabad, Visakhapatnam |
|SLA Manager|| 9-13 years||Gurgaon |
|Verification Architect|| 9-14 years||Bengaluru/Bangalore |
|RF Planning and Optimization- Manager/Specialist|| 8-13 years||Chennai |
|Software Engineer/Technical Leader|| 10-15 years||Delhi/NCR |
|Solution Architect- Intelligent Network(Prepaid Charging)|| 8-12 years||Bengaluru/Bangalore |
|Solution Architect- Charging & Intelligent Network|| 8-11 years||Bengaluru/Bangalore |
|Opening for Head-Marketing-Kerala & Kolkata for a telecom operator|| 8-13 years||Kolkata, Ernakulam / Kochi/ Cochin |
|Sr. Manager/Head Product. -M Commerce|| 7-12 years||Delhi/NCR, Delhi |
|Program Manager|| 10-12 years||Bengaluru/Bangalore |
|Head - Business Development|| 9-14 years||Mumbai |
|Key Account Manager-Global Enterprise Business(Wireline-Data & Voice)|| 7-12 years||Chennai |
|Training Head- Deputy Manager|| 8-12 years||Delhi/NCR |
|Manager Facilities Engineering requirement|| 8-12 years||Navi Mumbai |
|Excellent Opening in Sales in Telecom Sector|| 10-16 years||Chennai, Coimbatore |
|Urgently Required Solution Architect Charging for Bangalore/Noida|| 7-12 years||Bengaluru/Bangalore, Delhi/NCR |
|Circle Retail Head|| 9-14 years||Ernakulam / Kochi/ Cochin |
|State Sales Manager|| 8-12 years||Ernakulam / Kochi/ Cochin |
|Manager- Admin|| 8-13 years||Bengaluru/Bangalore |
TradeBriefs Publications are read by over 4,50,000 Industry Executives
India Business Brief India Retail News India Food Brief India Telecom Brief India Finance Brief India Software Brief
About Us Advertise Archives